Are a young professional interested in global develpment? then apply for the World Bank Young Professionals Program 2014.It is a unique opportunity for young people who have both a passion for international development and the potential to become future global leaders. The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as, economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management. In order to be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
World Bank values diversity in her workplace, and encourages qualified men and women with diverse professional, academic and cultural backgrounds to apply. Since its inception, the Young Professional Program has hired over 1,700 people who hold or have held positions ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors. It is a unique opportunity to experience development and gain exposure to the World Bank’s operations and policies.
- Be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1982)
- PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Be fluent in English
- Please note that full proficiency in one or more of the Bank’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required.
- Specialize in a field relevant to the World Bank’s operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, and natural resource management
- Have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
To apply and for more information visit here