ANALYSIS OF INFORMATION FROM MEDIA
What is Information?
Information is the facts or details about something or somebody. Information is categorized into two classes namely; factual information and nonfactual information.
, these are types of information which are true and contain some kinds of evidence. Something which is acceptable universally. For example; “Lion is a dangerous animal” this statement is factual information.
these are the information had cannot be proved, they don’t have the evidence, they might be the opinions of people.
• HIV is mainly transmitted through sexual intercourse. (Factual information).
• Fat people are so lazy. (Non-factual information)
• Dodoma is the Capital city of Tanzania. (Factual information)
• Socialism is better than Capitalism. ((Nonfactual information)
In this world of globalization, information can be obtained from different sources such as books, newspaper, magazines, on radio and television and the use of Computer as one of the media of getting information.
As a student, you need to be aware of the different information provided in the world in order to be aware n what is going on in the world. So you can get that information through different sources, among of those sources of getting information is the use of a computer.
The following explanation will help you to get that knowledge;
A World of Computer
The computer is the machinery device which use electricity to do many complex tasks in a short period of time. Examples of that task are typing, drawing, displaying pictures, recording different information and helping to get the information through the use of the internet.
The computer can help to perform activities in different places such as home, in offices, at the airport, hospitals, schools, libraries, in industries and other places.
Parts of the Computer
• Central Processing Unit (CPU) - It is the brain of the computer, its function is to perform different task and keeping of different records.
• Display (Monitor) - This is place on a computer where all the information performed in a computer can be seen.
• Keyboard- This is a place where you can type different things you need in a computer.
• Mouse- A pointer to the screen showing what you want to do.
Also the information can be obtain through observing different things related to the particular things, for example Historical information can be obtained through visiting to the Historical sites. Information about education can be obtained in schools and libraries and other places depending on what you want to do.